Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Horse News!!



We've been working with Fresca now for about a week and a half.  We've been taking things pretty easy due to a traumatic accident in the trailer,  and then getting her hooves trimmed too short because they had been neglected too long and were cracking.  But we finally got a saddle on her today and she put up with it so good that we decided to try climbing up.  Nicole, who has worked with horses for much of her life,  decided she was too scared to get on.  So I ended up being the first.  I guess I'm not going to make a very good rodeo rider becouse it only took her about 3 seconds to throw me over the fence.  But she only threw me once before relaxing and eventually giving in.


Ned

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow! I can't believe she threw you! I would have loved to be there for that. She is such a beautiful horse. I am glad is was you and not Nicole, though. Love the pictures!

Sarah Jean said...

Congratulations--she's a beautiful horse. I don't think I would want to be the first to try, either!