Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Weekend in St. George

I really hope this works! So far so good. Most of you already know, but John and I ran in the St. George Marathon last Saturday. Here is Proof, don't we look happy! Actually, it was a great day. The weather was perfect, clear and cool. I ran a new PR (personal record) of 4 hours 11 minutes. John ran his own PR (since it was his first) of 4 hours 26 minutes! We ran most of it together, up to about mile 16. My quads have almost recovered (I should be able to go downstairs by tomorrow) and there is only one toenail that will probably come off. Many thanks to Mark, Sarah, and Dad for coming along for moral support, and especially John's boss for setting us up in beautiful, affordable (free) lodgings -and cooking us breakfast!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Congrats! You guys are awesome! I hope I can be as adventurous as you some day. I am glad the race went sell and you both finished, what an accomplishment!

Syd said...

you know I learned today that running marathons can do so much damage to your body that is reduces your emmune system enough to keep it from preventing horrible diseases in the future. so I thought i should warn you that running marathons really does eventually kill you from an otherwise preventable disease! just a thought! Good job though.. I love you guys. I'll be joining you someday in one of those.